Rymes Propane and Oil - Double Trouble, Oil Tanks Properly Installed? AC/Heat not working.
Update added by user Jan 20
Now we've had three plumbers look at the work and say that it is done wrong. No permit was pulled either. The tanks are piped incorrectly and we are at risk for an oil spill in our basement due to the improperly piped oil tanks.
Original review posted by user Sep 16, 2015
We had Rhymes replace two very old oil tanks on 7/10/15. All seemed fine. The cost was $3000.00. Twenty days later, the central air conditioning unit in the house isn't working, won't come on. Rhymes comes out again on 7/30/15.
This different Rhymes employee totally disses the work done on the replacement tanks just 20 days before. Claims tanks were on site, not ordered as I was told by management. Piping is done all wrong. Hole in siding is not supposed to be left there. All work badly done by poorly trained former Fred Fuller guys, he claims. He cleans and fixes A/C unit and leaves.
When I call Rhymes to ask about this, they deny ever being at the house on 7/30/15. Bob assures me there is "only one work order for your address" and we were not the ones to work on the AC unit. Fortunately I save invoices, and when I go back to check, I do see an invoice from 7/30 for the work on the air conditioner.
All seems fine until 9/11/15 when the heat and AC units will not turn on once more. Fuses are blown, Rhymes does not respond to call for service. Get a customer service call the next day, where the rep, after learning who I'd spoken to, says, "Oh, oh," and no more.
I'm left with a broken AC/heating unit that Rhymes was the last one to touch, and oil tanks I'm not sure are installed properly. While I would love to fight things out with this company, it seems the smartest thing to do is get an independent eye in there.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lies from the top
- Rhymes employees dissing each others work
- No follow up from customer service
- Snippy attitude of customer service
- Rushing me off the phone with question
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rymes Propane And Oil Tank Replacement
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I received an offer in the mail 8 months ago approximately early October 2014 stating that I would receive 25,000 Aeroplan miles for renting a water heater from Direct Energy,..."
- "In Filter Mode the spa does not pull water through the filter. Virtually no suction. For past three weeks I have sent photos and mpegs to the Dimension One service..."
- "I had a water filter installed on my main water line, which draws from an underground stream. The canister was installed without the use of any wall brackets in..."
- "On Nov 1st 2015 I ordered a dress online from JC Penney. I received a email on Nov 2nd, saying that my item was shipped with a invoice date of..."
- "I got an online opinion on this signed piece but I already had my suspicions. It is allegedly authenticated by Steven Zarelli. People need to be careful especially with buying..."
- "Hired Mr. Dufresne to paint my condo and the paint job was very poor, and he got paint all over my woodwork. When I contacted him to ask for my..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."
- "I fell asleep while burning a Pier One Candle in my home. The material wrapped around the candle caught on fire and did some serious damage to my wall and..."