Rymes Propane and Oil - Double Trouble, Oil Tanks Properly Installed? AC/Heat not working.
Update added by user Jan 20
Now we've had three plumbers look at the work and say that it is done wrong. No permit was pulled either. The tanks are piped incorrectly and we are at risk for an oil spill in our basement due to the improperly piped oil tanks.
Original review posted by user Sep 16, 2015
We had Rhymes replace two very old oil tanks on 7/10/15. All seemed fine. The cost was $3000.00. Twenty days later, the central air conditioning unit in the house isn't working, won't come on. Rhymes comes out again on 7/30/15.
This different Rhymes employee totally disses the work done on the replacement tanks just 20 days before. Claims tanks were on site, not ordered as I was told by management. Piping is done all wrong. Hole in siding is not supposed to be left there. All work badly done by poorly trained former Fred Fuller guys, he claims. He cleans and fixes A/C unit and leaves.
When I call Rhymes to ask about this, they deny ever being at the house on 7/30/15. Bob assures me there is "only one work order for your address" and we were not the ones to work on the AC unit. Fortunately I save invoices, and when I go back to check, I do see an invoice from 7/30 for the work on the air conditioner.
All seems fine until 9/11/15 when the heat and AC units will not turn on once more. Fuses are blown, Rhymes does not respond to call for service. Get a customer service call the next day, where the rep, after learning who I'd spoken to, says, "Oh, oh," and no more.
I'm left with a broken AC/heating unit that Rhymes was the last one to touch, and oil tanks I'm not sure are installed properly. While I would love to fight things out with this company, it seems the smartest thing to do is get an independent eye in there.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lies from the top
- Rhymes employees dissing each others work
- No follow up from customer service
- Snippy attitude of customer service
- Rushing me off the phone with question
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Rymes Propane And Oil Tank Replacement
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Looking for a no cog low wind startup wind turbine generator for your residential roof top install? Look at this! http://www.mwands.com/pdf_files/legal/ I saved my money, shopped eBay and bought the Thermodyne Systems Windgeneering..."
- "After reading the prior 10 reviews I'll begin by stating this is a REAL review by a REAL customer. I was personally against the installation of the solar panels from..."
- "In July we received a bill from PG&E for our True Up Bill for $1095.16 for the complete years usage. This came as surprise to us that we owed PG&E,..."
- "Very bad customer service!! We recently bought a new 2016 Autumn ridge camper from Camping world of Chichester, NH in December . They day we picked up our camper we..."
- "I recently took my mother into this store to look at a new TV for her new home. She is elderly and needed some assistance in getting in.. The first..."
- "I purchased a Sofa and love seat 2 1/2 years ago and it vow looks like I picked it up off the side of the road. The "Leather" not like..."
- "I have no idea who is running this business now, but I bought a stainless steel and gold Rolex Submariner from Tom at Ideal Watches in February, 2001. The customer..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "NAME: Check People, LLC. ACCREDITED BUSINESS: NO CONTACT: Ethan Rodriguez ADDRESS: Check People advertises free people search, or $1.00 reverse phone lookup, I thought good price like an ***, utilized..."